Training for eye care professionals
SeeAbility has a successful record of working with eye care professionals to enable people with learning disabilities access to equitable and quality eye health care services.
We offer a range of interactive CET courses accredited with the General Optical Council for optometrists and dispensing opticians. These can be offered in person or remotely via video conference:
- No one is too disabled for an eye test
- Adapting the eye examination
- Adapting dispensing practice
- Clinical skills for assessing people with learning disabilities, autism or both
- Communication and behaviour – understanding difference
- What we mean by ‘learning disability’ and how the law applies
- Understanding and identifying Cerebral Visual Impairment
|Course||Length||No. of interactive points|
|Lecture with short Q&A session||45 mins||1|
|Lecture and guided discussion workshop||1 hour||2|
|Skills demonstration and guided discussion workshop||1 hour||2|
|Skills workshop – a hands-on session||1-1.5 hours||3|
|Case discussion workshop – an in-depth exploration of clinical care||1-1.5 hours||3|
In addition to the courses above, we also provide bespoke training. Get in touch to talk about your needs.
For more details on any of the above, or to discuss your bespoke needs, contact email@example.com.
We are a registered GOC CET provider and all our courses are CET accredited. We can administer attendance and verification for CET points or hand the session over to your own course organiser.