How do gifts in Wills make a difference?
Gifts in Wills are unexpected bonuses which accelerate what SeeAbility can do.
One of SeeAbility’s key aims, for example, is to ensure visually impaired people have access to good quality housing and support. Providing a suitable home for someone with complex needs is expensive.
A specially designed and purpose built flat to give one person maximum independence costs between £80,000 and £100,000 to build. And it recently cost £1 million to purchase and adapt an existing building for five visually impaired people with multi disabilities.
Funds are also needed for fittings and furnishings:
- £269 will buy a talking microwave
- £965 will create an area for sensory stimulation
- £2,600 is the cost of hoists and tracking to lift someone in and out of bed, the bath and their wheelchair
- £3,000 will buy a specially moulded chair for the lounge to make sitting comfortable
- £4,937 is the cost of a specialist bath
- £5,900 will buy a height adjustable toilet with adjustable arms and an in-built bidet
Your legacy could be to enable a visually impaired person to move in to a new home and learn to live independently as possible.
Did you find the information you were looking for?
If not you might like to consider visiting